Tuesday, November 4, 2008

SPOTLiGHT : KiERRA SHEARD


This girl sings.. period. I've been a fan of Kierra "Kiki" Sheard since she was on one of her mom's tracks a few years ago. I even had the pleasure to sing background vocals for her during her concert in Atlanta. It's very easy to say who her musical influences are; as it's apparent in the style of her voice. Credit, I'm sure, goes to her mother and aunts, aka the CLARK SISTERS, brandy, kim burell, and more...Her latest album, Bold Right Life, features some of her best work. It's a different sound from what most "traditional gospel singers" are doing these days for the simple fact that the sound she's going for is a natural sound.  it appears as though she is going for a "pop gospel" sound. Take a listen to "Invisible" and you'll see what I'm talking about.
"This is THE album for me," she said. "I have never been so excited about a project. This album is finally everything I wanted it to be. I think I've come into my womanhood on this album and I have truly grown spiritually and naturally."
The feel-good CD has a collaboration with producer Warryn "Baby Dubb" Campbell who has produced hits for a variety of popular artists including Alicia Keys, Kanye West, Brandy, and Yolanda Adams. His sound definitely shows up on this disc. I've decided to post a few of my favorite tracks from the album. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do! Bold Right Life is in stores NOW!


"its time to take to the stage, then i'll move out the way so that they only see you that's inside of me. don't let me fight with you, that's not what i wanna do. i wanna be see-through, make sure they see you; MAKE ME INVISIBLE!"


source: eurweb

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is kaila. I LOVE KIKI so much! I love her music and how she makes it fun to lift up the name of Jesus.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin