Friday, November 14, 2008

CHiLLi TALKS


Chilli, of TLC, sat and talked with Essence for their latest issue on her relationship with Usher, Destiny's Child, and Left-Eye. An interesting read.

On TLC being the #1 female group:
Thank you for acknowledging that because everyone always credits Destiny’s Child as the biggest-selling female group, but it’s just not true. You can’t count album sales for each solo project collectively and come up with numbers.


On Tameka and Usher:
When people ask whether or not I think she is the reason we broke up, I have no clue what Usher was doing outside of our relationship. When we broke up, it was because it wasn’t working out. I later found out there was some infidelity, but he never said who that woman or who those women were, because I’m sure it was more than one. Again, I heard things, but Tameka never crossed my mind. The first time I strolled across that [infamous] beach photo I thought somebody photoshopped that. I didn’t believe it. I did wonder if she was one of the girls, but again, I never asked. My memory of her was that she was the stylist, because she dressed Usher and I for an event one time. Honestly, those are questions I never asked him, and I’vedistanced myself so much from him. We aren’t communicating at all. We broke up, had conversation a few times maybe two years after we broke up, and it was a wrap. I think what keeps it alive at all is these [blogs] speculating whether we’d get back together.


On coping with Left-Eye's death:
I see her family every now and then. I still have my moments and probably always will. There’s not a day that goes by that she doesn’t cross my mind. When I do some interviews, I get so upset when people refer to me as “the former member of TLC.” I am always and still am a part of TLC. We are forever no matter what. As long as T-Boz and I are living, we are keeping Left Eye’s memory alive.

Random, but wasn't she supposed to be doing a solo album? I wonder what's up with that...Anyways, I've always been a fan of the Chill-ster!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin