Sunday, September 28, 2008

NEW MUSiC : JENNiFER HUDSON "WE GON' FiGHT"



i HAD to post this song, WE GON' FIGHT, from Jennifer Hudson's album [which by the way comes out Tuesday] because i just ain't felt the spirit listenin' to a secular song since Tank's "Slowly". Listen, i've had this song on CONSTANT repeat for the past hour, or so. i mean, this jezebel SINGS!!! PERIOD!!! the song is even produced by Tank, so there's no surprise there'd be some authentic SOUL in this piece. it's one of those R&B songs that would make you want to just shout, okay! it's like when she sings some of those notes, starting at the 3:00 mark, its as though my SOUL falls out. like, that growl she does towards the end just pulls my stomach muscles tight and makes me want to run and smack the side of my neighbors face. i get that COGIC "you betta sing, NIGGA!" face, with my arms extended, and my mouth looking like a sad clown. sigh.

"they told me love was simply not enough; with all that we've been through we should give it up... but WE GON' FIGHT!"


DOWNLOAD JENNiFER HUDSON - WE GON' FiGHT NOW!!! RIGHT NOW!!!!

I dedicate this song to Amanda, and you. ::smile::


In other Hudson news, USA Today, did a nice article on the Dreamgirl herself:

Jennifer Hudson doesn't like to say, "I told you so," but she told you so.
More than four years ago, when the then-unknown singer finished seventh on Season 3 of American Idol, she delivered an "exit speech. I said, 'I don't know when or where or how, but God has something in store for me.' I think the judges or producers kind of laughed."
HA!!! Check it out the rest of the article, HERE.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin