Sunday, September 7, 2008

SOLiTUDE


well yeah. i've been feeling some kind of way lately. no, it's not depression [i rebuke that], but it just feels like there's a lot of empty space around me. and when i say empty space i mean, things and people have become scarce in my life. which, i guess, is a good thing. what reminded me that in fact it is a good thing was what my father told me. he said, "that's not empty space in front of you, that's growing room." that has stuck with me for WEEKS!

FRIENDSHIP - What is it? To me, FRIEND and CONSISTENCY should go hand in hand. I've always been the type to give more than i get back; but that's okay. that's why God sent me here, i believe. I don't request reciprocation, all i ask for is consistency. :-)

RELATIONSHIPS - i'm SOOOO blessed to be in the position that i'm in right now. If i weren't, i wouldn't have been able to write these lovely poems and songs that have been flowing out of me these past couple of weeks. sigh.

so, in essence, if you're still trippin over that guy or that girl, darlin'... give it up, turn it loose. learn to be lonley; learn to be your one companion. my mom always says that "Everybody needs SOMEBODY", but i'd rather be my OWN somebody than to put up with just ANYbody! whew! so to all you out there who are sad and feels as though no one really "understands" you; and you're feeling "unloveable"... just know that there's love ALL around you; you just must love yourself FIRST! [this too, i am learning]. but hey, i'm getting there!

PEACE!
- kort. w.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin