Monday, December 1, 2008

MY FAVORiTE EPiSODE : FRESH PRiNCE

This is by far the best scene from a television show that I've ever seen in my entire life. period. I remember the first time I saw this episode, back in 1994, and i feel the same emotion now that i did then. The scene comes from season four's episode: Papa's Got A Brand New Excuse. This scene is the reason I started my TV show DVD collection. 

I waited years for this particular episode to come on TV just so i could see this, but I never succeeded. So, when Fresh Prince finally decided to come out on DVD, i couldn't resist. Anyways, Will's father Lou shows up after a fourteen year absence and basically gets Will's hopes up of starting a new life with him. That doesn't happen and Will gives the most amazing performance, IMO, of television, and screen. Watch:

Simply amazing, and gut-wrenching. If you weren't touched by that, something's wrong with you and you should be shipped to a far away place. sigh. this, is acting at it's best. personally raw.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i watch fresh prince EVERY night between the hours of 1 am and 3 am. it is my favorite television show.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin