Saturday, December 20, 2008

HAPPY BiRTHDAY, PETER PAN!


"Happy Birthday, Peter Pan! It's time to GROW UP!!!!" 

Those words, from Dorothy - of Golden Girls, still ring true in my ears.
At the time, the words hit home because they were directed towards Stanley, her inconsiderate and foolish husband. This time, the words are directed at me.

I've realized that I've got some growing up to do myself. How can I expect someone else to be ready, if I'm not? [It just won't work.] The good thing, though, is that it's all a part of life.  You live and you learn. 
"A man's maturity consists in having found again the seriousness one had as a child, at play." - Friedrich Nietzsche 

"Mountaintops inspire leaders but valleys mature them." - Winston Churchill

“Maturity is: The ability to stick with a job until it's finished; The ability to do a job without being supervised; The ability to carry money without spending it; and The ability to bear an injustice without wanting to get even.” - Abigail Van Buren 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

why? peter pan? lol

singer/songwriter/fly-guy said...

because he didnt wanna grow up! duh!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin