Monday, August 18, 2008

SPOTLiGHT: JOHN MAYER


I AM DRIVING UP 85 IN THE KIND OF MORNING THAT LASTS ALL AFTERNOON. I'M JUST STUCK INSIDE THE GLOOM. FOUR MORE EXITS TO MY APARTMENT, BUT I AM TEMPTED TO KEEP THE CAR IN DRIVE AND LEAVE THIS SHIT BEHIND. CUZ I WONDER SOMETIMES ABOUT THE OUTCOME OF A STILL VERDICTLESS LIFE, AM I LIVING IT RIGHT? WHY GEORGIA, WHY?

I wanted to feature one of my favorite artists, singers, people in the world. JOHN MAYER... I was always a fan of his music but it was always difficult for me to listen to it because his songs always took me to another place, figuratively. His music, really, takes you out of your current situation and transfers you to the place inside of your imagination. It's hard to actually focus on anything else when his song is on. The first time i got hooked on him was my freshman year @ Morehouse and my brother Kenneth, a friend of his, and I were driving onto I-85 on a cool evening, windows down, and not a care in the world. This song, "Why Georgia" comes on and I was transfixed. It was some sort of immediate maturation. So, i'm feeling like that today. Getting ready to go to work, had a phone convo with a friend of mine...and basically, i'm really just ready to keep the car in drive and leave this all behind.

I attached a few of my favorite songs of his, but if i posted all that i liked, i'd have to post all the albums. and that just wouldn't be right, now would it? :) Anyway, take a listen for yourself and tell me what you think.

JOHN MAYER - WHY GEORGIA
JOHN MAYER - STOP THiS TRAiN
JOHN MAYER - SAY

1 comment:

Kenneth said...

Thats crazy cuz I been on that Mayer recently. You gotta check out "Free-fallin" on his Live in Los Angeles album. Its CRAZY!

Thats a fresh pic of you by the way.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin