Monday, January 12, 2009

ViNTAGE GRAMMY

it wasn't that long ago that the civilians of the '80's were spoiled with GREAT music... 
Check out this clip from the 1983 Grammys. It's the best R&B vocal category. 
Jennifer Holliday, Patrice Rushen, Deniece Williams, Aretha Franklin, Donna Summer, Diana Ross in ONE category!!! 

amazing... and the guys, Luther and Marvin... wow...
Let's see how this years category holds up: 

Best Female R&B Vocal Performance : 
Beyonce, Keyshia Cole, Jennifer Hudson, Alicia Keys, & Jazmine Sullivan 
my vote - Jennifer Hudson

Best Male R&B Vocal Performance : 
Eric Benet, Chris Brown, Ne-Yo, Trey Songz, Usher 
my vote - Ne-Yo

3 comments:

george.arnett said...

Rick James + Grace Jones...
I didn't need to see anything else.
She gives me what I need.

Anonymous said...

Oooh...tough one! I don't even know!

singer/songwriter/fly-guy said...

i just love it, ALL!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin