Monday, January 19, 2009

JENNiFER HUDSON TO PERFORM @ GRAMMYS


Here's my Monday good news...

Jennifer Hudson will perform at the 51st Annual Grammy Awards on February 8, where she's been nominated for four awards.

This is the second televised performance Hudson has announced since the October murders of her mother, brother and nephew. Last week, it was revealed that the Oscar winner will sing the national anthem at the Super Bowl, in Tampa, Florida, on February 1. That will be the singer's first public appearance since the tragedy.

Hudson is up for Best Female R&B Vocal Performance, Best R&B Song (for "Spotlight"), Best R&B Performance by a Duo or Group With Vocals for her duet with Fantasia ("I'm His Only Woman"), and Best R&B Album. Days before the show, she will also perform on February 6 at the Recording Academy's MusiCares Person of the Year gala honoring Neil Diamond.

The 27-year-old sang the national anthem at the Democratic National Convention in August to a rapturous reception, but she is not expected to take part in any of the festivities for President-elect Barack Obama's inauguration.

AHHH!!! YAY!!! I knew this would happen... Sigh... I wonder what she would sing? There's also talk that she will be performing at the exclusive Clive Davis party the night before the big show.  Rumors of a duet with Whitney Houston have been swirling.  We'll see! I can't wait tho. The first few weeks of Feb are gonna be on and poppin for the Hudson. I'm GEEKED! :-D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

On Jan 19, 2009, at 3:03PM, from Michelle:
I read that Jennifer will be singing in honor of Neil Diamond I didn't know that he was up for an Award but it's about time as I LOVE HIM, and wish
that everyone would reconize his talent I also wish that we ciuld get him to come back to Lafayette, LA., where we live so I could see him Live In Concert........................

Sincerly yours,
Michelle

singer/songwriter/fly-guy said...

well he's singing at the MusiCares event two days before the actual Grammy's. Yeah, he's a musical beast...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin